We have had some lovely guests over the past couple of years. Here are some of the ratings and reviews previously posted on Owners Direct:
- ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Fantastic holiday cottage, cosy, tastefully furnished, great location, amazing views, very clean
Great holiday cottage, we have stopped in a lot over the years , this is as good as any , perfect location, a small hamlet of relatively new build holiday cottages within walking distance of Bamburgh, built to a very high standard giving it character, somehow modern and cosy at same time, tastefully furnished and spotlessly clean, everything you would want from a holiday cottage, with living space upstairs so you can take in the views, out front views to Bamburgh castle, sea behind and the Farne Islands beyond - stunning, a balcony on the rear side with views across fields to the Cheviots in the distance the other side, the sunset from this balcony Sunday night was breathtaking followed by a great star-laiden sky, as no light pollution around.We love this area and visit regularly, we have family in the area, but would come anyway, the best coastal area in northern England, the beaches are second to none, the walk from Budle Bay to Bamburgh my personal favorite, beautiful and relatively people free, this me and my 7 year old Jake did Saturday morning, followed by playing football on the beach in front of the castle in the rain, followed by lunch at the lord crew, Bamburgh has a good selection of pubs restaurants and ,cafes ,we've tried all over the years most pretty good, Sunday walked from Bamburgh to Seahouses kicking the football back and forth with my football-mad, Huddersfield Town mad 7 year old Jake, where we met the Mrs and brand new 11 week old son Luke, a little flutter on the slots then back to Bamburgh, lord crew again for Sunday dinner - great chilled family day out. Monday drive to Beadnell, another great beach for a walk , or paddling in summer and yes more football , then down to Craster for a walk to Dunstanburgh castle(again with the football ) and back to a great meal in the jolly fisherman at Craster, looking out to sea, be prepared to wait for a seat, this pub's views and food are great, and therefore has always been busy every time we've been, being on the coastal road on the way south, a great way to end a great weekend while inching closer to home.
Didn't want to leave. Loved it, we all did, a perfect place to escape from our busy stressful working lives. Would recommend koru cottage to anyone - you wont be disappointed. Can't wait to go back. (Martin and Family March 2017)
- ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 5 Stars out of 5! Lovely bright property, very well equipped indeed. Sitting on a bug free balcony, having supper and watching hares playing in the field - magic. And a great place for the outings we wanted - Farnes, Holy Island, Dunstanburgh, Alnwick and Cragside - and of course Bamburgh castle. Caroline was very helpful in advance, we would certainly return and recommend to others. (July 2016)
- ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 5/5 A beautiful property in a fantastic location, only a 20 minute walk into Bamburgh (no footpaths most of the way though so care needed). The "upside down" layout works perfectly and takes full advantage of the amazing views to Bamburgh Castle and the Farne Islands. The property is extremely well equipped, probably the best that we have ever stayed in and the Cottage was cosy and warm, with underfloor heating in the bathroom a special treat! We have no hesitation in recommending this Cottage and I wouldn't be surprised if we made a return visit. (Andrew L, May 2016)
- ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 5/5 We spent a week at Koru and it was one of the nicest places we've ever stayed. A mile out of Bamburgh, the cottage is fitted to a very high specification - everything from the comfortable furniture, smart TVs, and the well equipped kitchen to the underfloor heating in the bathroom. Caroline, the owner, has thought of lots of small things that others don't provide to make the stay five stars. In Bamburgh itself, there are a number of very good places to eat, from restaurants to tea rooms and the sandy beaches are expansive and plentiful. Within easy reach of Holy Island, Alnwick Castle and lots of other places to explore. (Mike C October 2015)
- ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 5/5 Highly recommend this beautifully furnished cottage! Very relaxing and so comfortable in a perfect location for the gorgeous Northumberland coast! The cottage was really well equipped, very clean and we had everything we needed and more! Complimentary welcome pack was provided, which was very good including an excellent red wine! There are lots of books, games, DVDs etc. Living area is on the first floor giving wonderful views both back and front and towards Bamburgh Castle! Very good restaurants nearby and fantastic walking! We would certainly return to one of the best cottages we have stayed in! (Judith P October 2015)
- ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 5/5 If I could give this cottage 10 stars I would ! Caroline has thought of everything and the attention to detail is outstanding. From the minute we stepped in we felt at home and the lovely welcome basket made sure we settled in straight away.
The cottage is ideally situated with lovely views and to see Bamburgh Castle across the corn field really is the best start to any day.
This cottage could not be faulted and we shall certainly be making a return visit ! (Karen M, Sept 2015)
- ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 5/5 If you want to explore Northumberland with the family then I suggest you stay at the beautiful Koru cottage. From the welcome box (nice red for me) to the rooms set up perfect for my two little ones (4 year old boy and newborn) we felt at home straight away. They even provide all you need for a fun filled beach day, we tried dune sledging for the first time!! Then you can come back and relax and look at the majestic Bamburgh Castle from the comfort of your sofa. The whole family has come home really relaxed. Thank you Caroline for making us have a special first family holiday with our new baby and son x
(Dominica D, August 2015)
- ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 5/5 We were lucky to get a last minute 4-day break booked at Koru in March and Caroline's welcome basket was fantastic (great wine, cheers!). The converted granary itself is set very close to Bamburgh - a 2-min drive or an 18 minute walk down the road, and close to everything you'd want to see and do in Northumberland. Yet it's so well-equipped and perfectly situated with lovely views - and don't forget those Northumberland dark skies - that you'll be loathe to leave. We took our own books and our Chromecast to stream films but we needn't have bothered...books, DVDs, radio, oodles of board games even 3D films. Suffice it to say if you get a spell of rain you won't be bored. The huge open plan lounge and dining area was very comfy, with mood lights to set to your preference, and we loved the flame-effect fire and huge main sofa. The bed was super comfy too - we've looked up the manufacturers since coming home!
The kitchen has everything you could think of - and some utensils you've probably never seen before - as well as picnic bags and packs for trips out. Caroline and Jon really have thought of everything and more. Even high-vis vests for walks back from the pub!
We left refreshed and chilled and will definitely go back again.... (Coreena F April 2015)
- ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 5/5 We stayed in Koru for a week in October. It is a fantastic holiday home & in the perfect location. The most well equipped, clean & beautifully furnished place we have ever stayed in. Caroline has literally thought of everything! You will want for nothing! The welcome box covers all your immediate needs & more! We took bikes & did the short ride into Bamburgh on several mornings to have a relaxing coffee & cake at Lady Crewe (a lovely & well priced tea room). Bamburgh is the most delightful village, the people are so friendly, we loved it! The view of Bamburgh Castle from Koru is pretty spectacular! There are so many great places to visit within a few miles & the house has much information on what to see & also good places to eat (there are quite a few close by). So much to say in a small space, Northumberland is a beautiful county, stay at Koru & go see for yourself! Thanks very much Caroline, we hope to be back. (Gill and Nick, November 2014)
- ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ My fiancée and I stayed at Koru in June as a short weekend retreat. Koru is a short drive from both Bamburgh (<5mins) and Seahouses (10mins), and is part of a small hamlet of holiday homes and personal residences which provides privacy and seclusion rather than the busier locations in the villages. Caroline (the proprietor) has furnished the property with great taste and has included many of the home comforts which made our stay so much more relaxing. Living areas include comfortable sofas and seating to enjoy the views, a film on the impressive TV (from a good selection of DVDs) or a book or two. The kitchen and dining area has all amenities and utensils required to whip up a quick snack or a three course meal, and a dishwasher to handle the aftermath. We were fortunate enough to get some good weather and enjoyed meals on the balcony where the view is sublime. The master bedroom gave us a good night’s sleep to recover from the day’s walking with a very comfortable king-size double bed. Both bedrooms have LCD TVs and plenty of wardrobe storage. There is fast broadband wi-fi throughout the property, parking for two cars outside and a selection of outdoor equipment in the front outhouse (boogie boards, deck chairs and sports equipment). Booking and arrival was simple; all handled either online or with a couple of e-mails. Caroline has a beautiful property and made our stay relaxing and hassle-free. We would highly recommend Koru.' Drew and Laura (June 2014)